About Aquaduck Safaris
We are Australia’s first amphibious Duck Bus City Tour, we commenced operations in 1996 and are now a famous Gold Coast icon.
Originally it was a one bus operation called Surfing Safaris, with one tour desk in Orchid Avenue. In the year 2000, the company changed its name to Aquabus and a second bus joined the fleet.
Bus 2 was the first bus to look like a duck and therefore Aquaduck was born.
In 2018 the Aquaduck changed ownership. The new team of owners are highly knowledgeable and experienced in the tourism industry with a background in successful tourism experiences. With this new ownership comes a new focus on improving the quality and depth of our commentary, more international friendly tours, improved customer support services including international language, a waiting area and souvenirs, instant online bookings, and improved operational efficiency.
What does this mean for you? Confidence that you are riding with a professional, credible, experienced and highly recommended tour operator and one of the Gold Coasts most popular tourist attractions.
Aquaduck has carried over 2.2 million happy customers over its lifetime.
Operating 7 days per week with a minimum of 5 tours per day.
Tours Depart Daily
Tour times are 10am, 11.15am, 12.30pm, 3pm and 4.15pm
Check-in time is 15 minutes prior to departure
(2yrs - 16yrs)
(2Ad + 2Ch)
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions maybe we already have the answer for you. Have a read of our frequently asked questions page.
More About Aquaduck
- 22 years’ experience.
- 3 Vehicles holding 30 passengers each.
- Built using the Larc hull to a new machine in 1996, 2000 and 2005, with full refurbishments every 7 years.
- 99.8% of tours depart on time.
- More than 2.2 million visitors so far.
- In 2018, we will run over 3,000 duck bus city tours for visitors from 142 countries.
- The Aquaduck Skippers have dual qualifications as a certified Coxswain and Licensed Truck Driver.
- Skippers are first aid trained.
- Each Aquaduck tour also has a Tour Guide on board.
Aquaduck Safety and Maintenance
- Every Aquaduck has 200% flotation plus life vests for every person on board.
- Aquaduck has never had an injury or safety incident on the road or water.
- All staff complete a monthly safety training drill and must comply with the stringent safety management system
. Aquaduck is audited by an external Safety Auditor every 6 months and complies with all Transport and Marine Authority requirements.
- Aquaduck has 3 trained mechanics managing maintenance and safety to ensure the Duck bus never misses a tour.
Where To Find Us
36 Cavill Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD, 4217