Aquaduck is Australia’s most iconic amphibious duck tour, having splashed into the Gold Coast waterways in 1996 is now a must do for all Gold Coast locals and visitors.
Originally it was a one bus operation called Surfing Safaris, with one tour desk in Orchid Avenue. In the year 2000, the company changed its name to Aquabus and a second bus joined the fleet.
Bus 2 was the first bus to look like a duck and therefore Aquaduck was born.
In 2018 the Aquaduck changed ownership. The new team of owners are highly knowledgeable and experienced in the tourism industry with a background in successful tourism experiences. With this new ownership comes a new focus on improving the quality and depth of our commentary, more international friendly tours, improved customer support services including international language, a waiting area and souvenirs, instant online bookings, and improved operational efficiency.
Aquaduck bought Duck About Tours in July 2019 acquiring Reggie from Cairns and Jemima from Airlie Beach to add to the family. The Airlie Beach operation continued on until COVID hit. At that point the team decided it was a great time to carry out some refurbishments and look for a new home for Reggie and Jemima.
After a great deal of research, it was decided the best location would be the Sunshine Coast! So here we are at Mooloolaba offering a fun, informative and family friendly experience for visitors and locals.
We look forward to welcoming you and taking your family & friends on an adventure through the streets and waterways of Mooloolaba. See you soon.
Sunshine Coast Tour Times
10:30am, 1pm, 3.30pm (Wednesday – Sunday)
QLD School Holidays:
Tours run 7 days a week + additional tour times 11.45am and 4.45pm.
1 Hour tour duration. Check-in time is 15 minutes prior to departure
(2yrs - 16yrs)
(2Ad + 2Ch)
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions maybe we already have the answer for you. Have a read of our frequently asked questions.
More About Aquaduck
- 22 years’ experience.
- 3 Vehicles holding 30 passengers each.
- Built using the Larc hull to a new machine in 1996, 2000 and 2005, with full refurbishments every 7 years.
- 99.8% of tours depart on time.
- More than 2.2 million visitors so far.
- In 2018, we will run over 3,000 duck bus city tours for visitors from 142 countries.
- The Aquaduck captains have dual qualifications as a certified Coxswain and Licensed Truck Driver.
- Captains are first aid trained.
- Each Aquaduck tour also has a Tour Guide on board.
Aquaduck Safety and Maintenance
- Every Aquaduck has 200% flotation plus life vests for every person on board.
- Aquaduck has never had an injury or safety incident on the road or water.
- All staff complete a monthly safety training drill and must comply with the stringent safety management system
. Aquaduck is audited by an external Safety Auditor every 6 months and complies with all Transport and Marine Authority requirements.
- Aquaduck has 3 trained mechanics managing maintenance and safety to ensure the Duck bus never misses a tour.
Where To Find Us
Tourist Bus Stop in The Wharf Carpark,
adjacent to SEALIFE Sunshine Coast.
Parkyn Parade, Mooloolaba.
Please check in
15minutes prior to departure.